Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

latest edition met book

• brook

brook replied the topic: I passed!! Thank you both!

Hi Bob and Richard.

Thanks for all your help and wonderful course. I passed today with 98% so at least that's only one KDR to worry about!!

Onto AGK / Systems now....

Brook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: I passed!! Thank you both!

Great mark Brook. Why am I not surprised???

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: I passed!! Thank you both!

Thanks Bob,

I think you having had the subject made as interesting and practical as you did - it was able to fully hold my attention! I will never look at a cloud the same way again!

My first real delve into the AIP's in a serious way so that was interesting too, now I am a subscriber.

Well starting on CPL General Knowledge this morning! Appreciate your support, it can get a bit lonely studying at home but the conversational way your write the books certainly counters that very well, along with the forum!

I guess now I will be dropping into and stirring up the CPL Gen Knowledge forum ;) and thank again for your support!

Kind Regards

Brook

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: I passed!! Thank you both!

Congratulations Brook, and yes this forum with Bob's texts makes studying at home so much easier - as he says 'you are not alone'...

I am about ready to sit my CPL Perf on the 6th June. Then only Nav/Met/HF/Basic Knowledge to go then the CPL and CIR flight tests. Hoping to have all wrapped up by years end.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: I passed!! Thank you both!

Woot :woohoo: Way to go Brook! I agree with Bob. You deserved such a good mark based on the amount of work you seemed to be putting in. Well done and have fun with AGK :)

• brook

Thanks Brenton! Appreciate that. Good luck with the Nav/Met/HF Basic Knowledge course. The HF stuff is really interesting! Nothing like a deadline to work with ;-)

What do they say in terms of motivation: "first create the problem, then fix the problem"

Looks like your problem will be fixed on the 6th of June...

Best Wishes

Brook

• brook

Thanks Richard!!

I found I could study well from home by doing the following:

Read the BT book and write notes in it
Re-read the BT book and take a set of notes FROM it on paper (the salient stuff)
Read notes that I took above in stage 2 (if I can still recognise my handwriting by this point)
Sit a BT Cyber exam or two - find my weak spots
Re read the BT Book focusing just on weak spots
Cram on last 3 days (complete gloss over in bed of BT book and any refs) whilst having enough balance to still be able to go to the kitchen, take toilet breaks and do 45 mins to 1 hr of excercise
PRACTICE relaxing. That would have to be the hardest part for me in exams. You almost have to kid yourself that you are not doing an exam.

Well it seemed to work for me, and then there is the luck of the draw, or should I say the ASL / CASA exam bank!

• bretto85

bretto85 replied the topic: Re: I passed!! Thank you both!

Hey Brook well done on the awesome result on Met, got the exam next friday myself. Would there be anything that stood out that you can remember. I read your review of the Aerodynamics exam which was of huge help, i sat in on monday in perth also, think we may have been in the same room

• brook

Thanks Bretto!

Appreciate that. Sorry for the late reply I was off flying on the Gold Coast with a new Go Pro HD cam (they are so good for flying).

Back in Perth now.

Glad the aerody exam stuff was useful, it had some curly ones but it was my first exam.

You may be been in the same room, I am just trying to figure out which one you were (hey you should post a pic ;-)

There was Amy, A guy from Donnybrook, and a few younger guys (one with cool hair), so I felt like one of the two "oldies" in the room. Man its scary at 36 when you feel like an oldie ;-)

Will upload some HD video to youtube today from the Gold Coast (mainly Northern NSW) in the trike. Youtube username brookpap. At the moment all the stuff is low res. It really is pretty over there.

Brook

• bretto85

bretto85 replied the topic: Re: I passed!! Thank you both!

The flying sounds awesome, will definately be checking out the videos..

I've got a contour hd head cam that i bought for a snowboarding trip in Feb however it was faulty and they gave me a replacement when i got home from my holiday which i have never used, maybe i should take it up with me some time.

Yeh so got Met on friday, think i've covered most of the material, but was just wondering if you could remember what the spread of the exam was on regarding the Met theory and Operational Met.

Also any other bits of wisdom you have from just sitting the exam would be much appreciated

Cheers Bretto

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds