Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam Materials !!!

• dtrembath
  • Topic Author

dtrembath created the topic: Exam Materials !!!

Hi all
A quick query ... I'll be doing Air Law exam in a couple of weeks .... the materials to be taken in by candidate says CAR 1988 .... is that JUST the CAR 1988 ... or does it also include the Civil Aviation Act AND the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.
I understand about the CAO (although 95.2 does exist anymore .. but 95.4 --> 95.57 does .. can these be taken in.

I also assume the CAAP are not required/allowed.

With thanks
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

David

You will not need the Act - so leave that out. CAR 1988 is required. You will not need the CAAP because it contains advice only, not regulations. Even though you need a knowledge of the CAAP in practice, there will be no examination questions on them.

All the best with the exam

Bob

By the way, the only CAR permitted is the CAR 1988. The CASR [1998] is not required or permitted.

See www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90074

Bob

• rossy

rossy replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Hi bob, im wondering if you can please advise me of a few things. For the actual exam, the only 'publications' i need are the CAO's 20-95.2 and the CAR 1988 and AIP complete? Is this correct. I'm currently sorting out what i need to buy for the Cpl airlaw exam using your books, like i have done for the 5 ive done so far. What would you reccomend i buy? I have already purchased complete copoies of all pubs many yrs ago but the ammendments are all not current, nor do i have the ones required to make them current. So thinking of buying texts only and putting them in my original folders. Basically wanting to know what i NEED besides the info in your book to sit and do well in the EXAM.

Thanks, sorry about the long winded story...

The items students must provide are listed in the front of the Air Law book.

CAR
CAO Parts 29 to 95.2
AIP Book
ERSA Completed [with RDS]
Plus the maps - Hobart & Brisbane VTC, PCA, ERC Low 1/2 and ERC Low 3/4

Good luck

• rossy

Yep, i understand that. I'm ordering the book on mon as i have HUF next wed, then law will be my last!! Just was really asking if i need all the other non permitted stuff just to study before exam or whether with your book AND the permitted materials i'll have enough information to study to enable me to do well in the actual exam.

If you have the Air Law book and the permitted material I have listed, you will not need anything else to prepare you for the CASA exams.

• rossy

Thank you bob, i thought so but just wanted to check. Nav completed wednesday, HPl next tue and then law and i'll be done. Thanks again for all your help so far. Much appreciated!

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Hi Bob, (all). Did my Air law on Wednesday and got 93% thanks to Bob's detailed issue 10. Very helpful indeed. I found they focussed on CAR and there were several CAO questions. The only time I used the AIP was in questions about Airspace. Used the ERSA twice and that was a radio frequency question, and a D area question. Did not even look at ERC or VTC.

Many of their questions are quite ambiguous so be careful and make sure you read each on twice. The ones they say I got wrong were to do with

1. carrying disabled passengers - where do you sit them?
2. departure from CTA what distance must you be on track?
3. flight duty time (make sure you read the question)

They give you 2 hours and I finished in 1 hour 56 minutes. Not becasue I am a snail, but because finding the answers was a bit time consuming.

I did prepare a TOC for my home study (not to be taken in to the exam) which I beleive will assist others and am attaching it to this note. Only 6 more exams now and I'm done.

Cheers, Brenton
Attachments:

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Very comprehensive TOC you've got there Brenton, nice work, on CASA stationery too! Well done with the Air Law exam, same mark as myself actually :)

Were the ERC/VTC ones you had specifically bought for this exam or did you already own them? That's one (of many) things that really got my goat about the exams, buying maps that I found I didn't even look at and probably never will. I live in Perth and having to buy a Sydney WAC and Hobart VTC among others was very annoying indeed.

I have a strange feeling about ATPL's now, don't know whether I'm excited to get back into studying again (I'll give it a year or so at least til I do) or dreading them?!

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds