Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam Materials !!!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Brenton

Congratulations mate that's a great score. You sure put some effort into the index, I'm sure others will appreciate it. As for item 2 in your post, unless instructed otherwise, you should intercept your flight planned track within 5nm. I can't give you any help on 1 or 3 without more information as to what the question was.

You should be very happy with your result. The old story - you get out in proportion to what you put in......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

G'day Captain.

Yes I had to buy them especially for the exam; but I guess typical of CASA, the boffins up there couldn't care less about us spending OUR money. After all we're wealthy pilots aren't we.

Now I've had my gripe (again), I'll quickly address your other comment - the TOC I prepared was for my personal study and I did use their logos etc but I got those off the net just so the document looked better in my library. It isn't their letterhead. People can't take this ointo the exam but it sure helped me with the study.

In terms of ATPL, I spoke to a couple of guys who were doing the exams while I was there on Wednesday - one actually threw up before the exam due to stress, and the other told me that he had actually done a 5 day course on Nav and said that the amount of data required to be 'dumped' was nothing short of daunting. He could not understand how CASA could place so much focus on HUMAN FACTORS and yet not even give a thought to the stresses (and costs) of doing their exams. Oh well; as you say I too am excited about studying again and despite my dis-taste for CASA, I love flying and am finding that the more I study the better pilot I am becoming (at least I hope so).

Cheers and good luck.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Thanks Bob. I cannot remember the EXACT detail in the other questions, but they were along the lines of:

1 Disabled Passenger who requires that seat be laid back. Where do you seat them? I answered at the back of the plane because you cannot have anyone in the seat behind them (or in a window seat for that matter). But they said this was incorrect.

2. Duty time. I got this wrong becasue I did not take into account the maximum daily duty time when considering the start time of 6am the next morning. The question was along the lines of 'you have flown 4 hours today and began at 7am. What is the latest time you can fly today and still make your shift tomorrow at 6am?. You have not exceeded either weekly or monthly time' I just looked at the 'time off' from 10-6 and did not consider the full day duty time accrued for that day.

Again, your books are fantastic. A credit to you and your team.

I have all your latest books and plan to do HPL, Aerodynamics and General Knowledge now as these are relatively straight forward. Will do the hardest ones last.

regards, Brenton

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

The requirements for a passenger who cannot have the seat back upright for take-off is found in the CAO under 'seats' not under 'handicaped passengers' as you would expect. Check out CAO 20.16.3.5.2

Cheers

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Yeah Brenton it's ok that was me trying to be funny :P Another fail haha!

Threw up?! My lord, I don't think I could ever be THAT stressed, I'm just not that sort of person. My Class 1 medical blood test was another story however, not a big fan of needles to say the least.. :blush:

I think ATPL's will come once I have a job instructing and have some money coming IN instead of always going OUT.

• james.niven

james.niven replied the topic: Re: Exam Materials !!!

Nice one Brenton, I also had 3 questions in the CPL law that left me staring at the relevant sections of the documents wondering how the answers on the screen related to what I was looking at!!

Captain ellzy, good news - the ATPL law asks very similar questions just less of them!! Oh and I'm another one with mint VTCs!! Goodness only knows which question in the database asks you for information from it!!

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds