Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

extract

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt created the topic: extract

Hi

Got the airlaw extract from Lee today. I noted a list of sections/parts in the CAO extract.

is that still ok? Depends who I ask!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: extract

Hi Adam,
We have not had any complaints from CASA or ASL and many people have been using the extract for their exam so far. If in doubt, tear it out but it should be fine.
Cheers,
Rich

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt replied the topic: extract

Hi Rich
The extract seems to be missing a couple of secitons, the one about logbooks stood out.

have you got a map/matrix of the syllabus to the extract?

Adam

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: extract

Hi Adam,

No we don't. The extract includes those areas which past experience has shown routinely come up in the exam. If we were to include all regulations that are mentioned in the MOS, we would basically have to give you an almost complete set of original regulations. That defeats the purpose of the more easily accessible extract.
If you are concerned, there is no reason I am aware of to prevent you taking the extract and the original documents into the exam. This should not cause a problem with the invigilators.

Cheers,

Rich

• beejay

beejay replied the topic: extract

Are you able to print the CAO extract and take it into the exam as a contents page? I have been looking for something like that to help navigate the CAOs

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: extract

I did compile an index to go with the extracts, but CASA declared that it had to be removed. They are not happy with candidates having access to anything that makes it easier to find information. Sorry about that.

Bob

• Christianair

Christianair replied the topic: extract

Hi Bob, the index to go with the extract that you are refering to is this one?
Attachments:

• benbouch@gmail.com

benbouch@gmail.com replied the topic: extract

Hey guys.
For the extract, couple guys noted some things missing.
I'm just starting the IREX prep now, and noted that your questions in your practice exams would have needed CAO 20.18 App 3 and 4. Another asked about the RDR testing which would be 20.9.6. Any reason these weren't included?
thanks
Ben

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: extract

We no longer have an index, but the CAR, CAR, CASR extract is available to all students and it contains all of the material required for the IREX. It is available as a pdf on request from our office 32040965. The extract has been OK'd by CASA and can be brought into the exam room as long as there are no handwritten notes.

• Nate_C

Nate_C replied the topic: extract

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am about to do the air law exam in Jan 2018 - so far i have passed all 6/7 of the CPL Exams self studying with bobs books and prac exams. My question regarding the extract is as follows - Can i take just the extract into the exam? or will i be under prepared if don't take all the CAO's and CARs and Part 61?
I only ask because buying the CAO and CAR manuals online is going to cost a pretty penny which can be better invested in AvGas if the extract will suffice.

Cheers

Nate

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds