Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

extract

• Dan

Dan replied the topic: extract

Hi Nate,

I passed the law exam using just the extract in the exam with 98%, that being said i do own all the docs and did read through them, so whether it was luck that got me through without the original Car,casr,Cao, i dont know. All the main points seem to be covered in the extract from what i could tell, you still need an ERSA, maps, and up to date AIP... as some of the information is pulled from there.

Best bet would be as you go through Bob's text book is actually look for the reference in the extract and check off that it is in there.
Also highlight anything you think might be of importance just dont write anything in your references for the exam and be sure that you have the extract bound as it will not be allowed into the exam if it is just left as loose pages.

Best of luck!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nate_C

Nate_C replied the topic: extract

So I have been going through practice exams and there is so many topics that are very abstract and hard to find given we are not allowed a table of contents. I have started using flags on pages for critical topics, but is there a limit to the number of flags we can have in our AIP, ERSA and the extract? Its looking very colourful!

I would also appreciate any tips on how to navigate the CAOs, CAR, and CASRs apart from my current practice of just learning them though constant revision.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: extract

Gidday Nate
The extract is all you need as per CAO,CAR , as the reason for producing it was to save you from having to buy those documents.
Make sure it's bound as per www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/permitted-material-under-part-61 this page also has the relevant info regards tagging and highlighting and such.

Good luck and let us know how you went

Cheers
Stuart

• Nate_C

Nate_C replied the topic: extract

Survived the exam, passed with 90%. I think the prac exams are very handy in prepping for the exam, the questions were very similar.
I also just took the extract in to the exam, it was more than enough and anything about the private level of operations can be found in the VFRG. worth the time to print and bind it and save yourself spending the $$ on the whole CAR, CAO and CASR
One more to go......

• Stuart Tait

Congratulations Nate great to hear 90% got to happy with that

• pfbouwer

pfbouwer replied the topic: extract

When you say you only took the extract to the exam... does that mean ONLY the extract? Does the extract contain the AIP, ERSA etc. or would you need to take a few more books?

• Stuart Tait

G'day
The extract only covers CAOs, CAR, and CASRs.
AIP,ERSA, maps you have to source and bring youself

Cheers
Stuart

• pfbouwer

pfbouwer replied the topic: extract

Thank you Stuart, much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds