Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Some good news!

• Daggo
  • Topic Author

Daggo created the topic: Some good news!

Hi all, thought this would be a good place to post.

Just wanted to let you all know that I have landed my first job!

But, thats not all.........

This is my full time office :D :D :D :D

So awesome! The role is as a full time pilot for the owner and his family who have many business interests from cars to machinery to farming Australia wide.
It is based in Hedlow Airfield (halfway between Rockhampton and Yeppoon) which is family owned and FANTASTIC, I highly recommend landing here when you are up around Rocky, 1300m N/S and 900m E/W and all sealed!

I did my Seneca endorsement yesterday lunch at YCAB and then drove straight up here arriving at 11pm last night, and I was going to have to fly the plane to Rocky today to get some bits and bobs and then out to Blackwater and back, but the rain stopped us getting the plane out of another airfield that it is currently at.
So thats tomorrows plan.

I might be bringing it down to YBAF during the week to get some prop work done and if I do I will bring it by YRED and say hello!!!!

You dont need to tell me how lucky I am, I know, no one gets a chance like this so I wont waste it I can assure all of you!

And I would like to seriously thank Bob Tait for helping me through my CPL!!!

Good luck to all you students, and remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daggo
  • Topic Author

Daggo replied the topic: Re: Some good news!

And yes, that IS a DVD screen and stereo on the panel!!!

It also has a DVD screen in each headrest! and as you can see it also has the 430 AND 530 (so no excuses for getting lost!!!)
Excellent autopilot, leather anf felt throughout.... I might just stay here for the rest of my life!!

• Daggo
  • Topic Author

double post

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Some good news!

WOW! What fantastic news! Congratulations mate - you must be delighted. It would be wonderful if you can drop in to Redcliffe when you get a chance. All the best with your new adventure. Please keep in touch..

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Some good news!

By the way, I know Hedlow Field quite well. It's a great spot. Nice and close to the sea just a few minutes from Rockhampton. I stayed there for a couple of weeks and did some flying and theory training with a couple of guys. I'm sure you'll enjoy it there!

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Some good news!

Daggo, congratulations mate! That is simply awesome news. Well done and all the best with your flying. That is a plum job for sure. To land a twin job right off the bat is a one-in-a-million opportunity. Good on ya!

Looking forward to being regaled with stories of your adventures...

• Daggo
  • Topic Author

Thanks guys! Its awesome up here.

Sadly though this rain has stopped play a bit, the aircraft is currently on another strip which is grass, and I have been waiting for a day and night without rain to get the plane out because the ground is just so soft up here! But alas that has not happened.
So far today we have only had rain this morning, but it was quite a lot.

Anyway, the plane has 2 and a bit hours to run before it needs one of its prop hubs inspected by the guys down at prop care at YBAF, and I was going to fly down to get it done, (which would of been neat) but seeing as the rain gods hate me I have arranged someone to take it off tomorrow morning and I will drive it down to YBAF and then drive it back here the next day.

Hopefully by then the ground has hardened up a bit and I can get the plane off that horrid grass strip and home to my lovely 1100m sealed runway :D

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Some good news!

Belated congratulations Daggo thats awesome news and such an awesome job!! Such a sleek looking aircraft as well, gotta love that paintjob. How did you score that one and are you ferrying the owners around for the most part?

Well done, I'm jealous!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds