Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

UAV Controller Training - Redcliffe

• Ben Harris
  • Topic Author

Ben Harris created the topic: UAV Controller Training - Redcliffe

G'day everybody.

This is just a quick post to let people know that we will soon be offering CASA certified RPAS training in Bob's hangar at Redcliffe. This week we have had CASA site inspections, as well as going over lesson plans and in class presentations to ensure that everything is of a standard that CASA is happy with. It has been both a labour and time intensive process, with the initial application going in at the start of September! From the information I have, and providing no major showstoppers, it looks like we will have our operators certificate in the next 2-3 weeks.

A little bit about me, I used to teach PPL theory for Bob back in about 2010/2011 before going on to fly full size aircraft for a survey company here in Australia. As part of that I also became the Chief UAV controller for that company, and was also manufacturing our own fixed wing and multi-rotor aircraft to use as Survey platforms on smaller job sites.

We also had a series of multi-rotor aircraft which we used for inspection, mapping and thermal work.

We are also putting together an online version of the course, which I tried to take inspiration from the way Richard and Bob have put together the CPL performance module of the full size course. This is designed for people who can't afford to take time away from their business to sit in a classroom. Students will be able to complete the theory component of the course online, and then complete the practical flying component at a later date. Bob and I are also working together to complete a UAV specific textbook, which we are hoping will be available in the near future.

Any questions, feedback or comments are always welcome, or any questions from anyone who is looking to get involved in the industry we are more than happy to help, or answer any questions you might have if you are looking to start in the industry.

The website is www.flyuas.com.au , and the online course will live at www.flyuas-elearn.com.au

You can check out a couple of sample lessons and the textbook there as well. If you click on the online demo course, and then select log in as guest it will show you the lessons.

All the best :cheer:

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds