Header1200x385

× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Passed my PPL Theory

• Thank you received: 2

Margetts1976 created the topic: Passed my PPL Theory

Hi All,

Thought I'd give some insights whilst they are still in my head from the PPL theory exam today.

General observation is that whilst the practice exams helped a lot, overall the test was harder with extra layers in the questions to test your knowledge and ability to read the question properly. I finished in about 2hrs, whereas I was completing the practice exams in just over an hour.

Some examples below:
- Landing and take off chart questions gave the wind as separate heading to the runway directions, thus requiring you to determine the head/tail wind component and they also all included a slope. So you had to form a really good picture of how it all came together
- Fuel usage questions required you to know the applicable reserve (30mins) and gave a separate fuel usage for holding and cruise, also needed to convert volume to kg (gallons/litres to kg)
- Some tricky ones like "what does lift to as you 'approach' stalling angle of attack", normally asked "as you approach and exceed stalling AoA". So just be careful with those - read the question over and over
- Weight and balance questions requiring you to round up or down to the nearest kg - again read the question carefully
- A proportion of writing the answer in the box, as opposed to multiple choice questions

Also I only had to refer to the VFRG and ERSA during the exam.

I hope this helps.

Anthony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

wsxmfy replied the topic: Passed my PPL Theory

just wondering what proportion would you say is not multiple choice?

• Thank you received: 266

bobtait replied the topic: Passed my PPL Theory

Congratulations on your pass. You put a lot of work into it and you deserve a good result. All the best with your flying now!!

Margetts1976 replied the topic: Passed my PPL Theory

At at rough guess I'd say about 20 to 25% were not multiple choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wsxmfy

Margetts1976 replied the topic: Passed my PPL Theory

Thanks Bob. I'm starting my CPL study now, so will be on the forums again no doubt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wsxmfy

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds