Header1200x385

× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL EXAM question appears WRONG!

• mlcilia
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 0

mlcilia created the topic: PPL EXAM question appears WRONG!

Does anyone know why the answer is 200 degrees magnetic. I am aware it states heading of 195 degrees magnetic. But if you measure it on the map, its closer to 195 degrees true. When I run through everything the calc's I come up with approx 185 degrees magnetic as the correct answer. If you even measure of the map from Jomara to Walgett you get ~195 degrees True, or 185 degrees magnetic. Is the answer actually wrong??

""
You are flying from ST GEORGE (YSGE) (S28 03 E148 35.7) to WALGETT (YWLG) (S30 02 E148 07.5).

After departure from YSGE at 0011 UTC, you are forced to divert to the left of the flight planned track to avoid smoke from bush fires. At time 0018 you are over Shirley homestead, 5 nm to the left of track. You decide to take up the flight planned heading of 195 degrees M. At 0039 you fix your position as being over Jomara homestead and still 5 nm left of track.

The heading you should fly to track direct from Jomara homestead to YWLG is closest to -
Select one:
210 degrees M
185 degrees M
190 degrees M
200 degrees M
""

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds