Header1200x385

× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Fuel Checks

• Margetts1976
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 0

Margetts1976 created the topic: Fuel Checks

I might be going crazy here studying for my PPL exam, but I thought I had read somewhere that the rules around checking fuel (doing a fuel drain) had changed from 'first flight of each day and after refuelling' to simply 'before each flight'. Could someone help me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Fuel Checks

The VFRG (Page 035) says a fuel check should be carried out before each flight. Naturally, that would include the first flight of the day. It would also naturally include after each refueling (only the military can refuel during flight).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margetts1976

• Thank you received: 0

wsxmfy replied the topic: Fuel Checks

Hi Bob,

I had the same question, I also read somewhere that the rules around checking fuel (doing a fuel drain) had changed from 'first flight of each day and after refuelling' to simply 'before each flight'.

I can't find the infomation you mentioned on Page 35 on the latest version of VFRG, this is what my page 35 looks like

The only relevant infomation I can find is on page 212, which should be out-dated right?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds