Header1200x385

× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

CASA Sample PPL Examination Questions

• Jordan.singleton3218@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Jordan.singleton3218@gmail.com created the topic: CASA Sample PPL Examination Questions

Afternoon, I am a bit confused by question No65 on page 407 of my PPL vol 2 book.

The question is:

Question No 65
Refer to the loading system BRAVO on page 11 of Bob Tait's RPL/PPL VOLUME 2 Supplement. Given.
Aircraft empty weight - 689 kg.
Empty aircraft index units - 19522,
Oil-7 kg, Row 1, pilot and passenger - 110 kg.
Baggage (baggage compartment) = 75 kg.
Fuel = 140 litres.
The maximum passenger weight, in kg, that may be carried in Row 2 at take-off is closest to
(a) none
(b) 110kg
(c) 135kg
(d) 154kg

According to the book the answer is (b) 110kg, however I saw online that the answer was recently changed to (c) 135kg.

My question is: Is this meant to be for the Charlie Loading system? All the numbers are in kgs. If they are converted to lbs for the bravo loading system then you can only add 40.04lbs/18.2kg before you hit the maximum weight of 2200lbs. Also, the basic empty weight index units looks way too high for a bravo loading system.

If I use the same numbers but in a Charlie loading system I get a much closer number to the answer (approx 125kg).

I have my PPL exam in 2 days so just want to make sure I’m not missing anything obvious. Thanks in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CASA Sample PPL Examination Questions

G'day Jordan

You are correct, somewhere down the line that question ended up being edited incorrectly. We were made aware of the error and have amended the question as below. And the answer is (b)

Cheers
Attachments:

• Jordan.singleton3218@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Jordan.singleton3218@gmail.com replied the topic: CASA Sample PPL Examination Questions

Thanks heaps! That’s put my mind at ease :)

Time to create page: 1.941 seconds