Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Aerobatics Minimum Altitude

• tpeaker
  • Topic Author

tpeaker created the topic: Aerobatics Minimum Altitude

Another exam prep question on minimum altitudes.
Question is if there is a 300ft antenna in the area what is the minimum height AGL for aerobatics

I guessed 3300ft but the exam said 3000ft provided I'm never closer than 600m laterally from the tower and referenced CAR 155 for this 3000ft figure. I looked up CAR 155 and it says absolutely nothing about 3000ft minimums and a little googling found CAAP 155-1 which does specify that 3000ft minimum but again in reference to CAR 155 where it doesn't exist!

I'm honestly feeling like some of these questions are just impossible to answer in test conditions because even if you knew the specific CAR to go to, it does not have the answer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Aerobatics Minimum Altitude

I've never heard of CASA asking that question in an exam, not to say they wouldn't but the CAR reference is not very useful, navigating the documents is the most important aspect of air law.

• tpeaker
  • Topic Author

tpeaker replied the topic: Aerobatics Minimum Altitude

Well it's on your exam preps ;)

• tpeaker
  • Topic Author

You are training for your initial aerobatics endorsement at a coastal aerodrome. There is is a 300ft
mast in the aerobatics training area. Assuming there are no other restrictions due to populated
areas or airspace, which of the following is a correct statement?

Select one:
-you may practice aerobatics down to 3000ft as long as the tower is never within a
circle of 600m radius centred on a line extending vertically down below the aircraft.
-there is no altitude limitation.
-you may practice aerobatics down to 3300ft only.
-you may practice aerobatics down to 3000ft as long as the tower is never within a
circle of 600m diameter centred on a line extending vertically down below the
aircraft

Answer:
You must remain 3000ft above terrain or obstacles within a circle of 600m radius (1200m
diameter) directly below the aircraft (CAR 155).
The correct answer is: you may practice aerobatics down to 3000ft as long as the tower is never
within a circle of 600m radius centred on a line extending vertically down below the aircraft.

It was the very first question on my prep exam and it's why I came here to ask.

• tpeaker
  • Topic Author

screenshot attached
Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Aerobatics Minimum Altitude

Ok found it now I've amended the question to reference CAAP 155-1, Thanks for the feedback I understand your frustration unfortunately it is part of the system we have to deal with. CASA delights in making things difficult.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds