Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL Exam dates, times and location

• mattycoze
  • Topic Author

mattycoze created the topic: PPL Exam dates, times and location

Hey there

I was wondering if anyone had advice on where one can book-in to sit the exam.

I'm based in Hervey Bay, and hoping to sit the exam in the coming month external to the Bob-Tait theory courses...

Do exam centres typically supply the exam materials on the airservices/jeppesen list (as listed below)

Airservices List
CAR 1988
CASR Part 61
CAO 20-95.2
AIP Book
ERSA
AUS PCA
Visual Flight Rules Guide (VFRG)
Navigation equipment
A ‘Basic calculator’
No other references or material permitted

Regards

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qfly

Qfly replied the topic: PPL Exam dates, times and location

Hi Matt,

They do not supply the above (maybe a spare calculator if you're lucky!), Listed below is what you need for the PPL Exam:

CAAP 92-1(1) and 234-1(2.1)
AIP Book
ERSA
AUS PCA
Visual Flight Rules Guide (VFRG)
Sydney, Townsville & Bourke WACs
Navigation equipment
A ‘Basic calculator

I would not worry about taking in all the air law stuff since the VFRG has it all covered and it is an open book exam using this and your AIP & ERSA. As for nav equipment take the large 180nm ruler and a protractor and also a nav computer, (CR3 or E6B) - what you are comfortable with!

All they give you is a coupla bits of paper and a small bag of goodies with pencils, eraser, sharpener etc which you hand back at end of exam.

I would say in your case being at YHBA the closet's exam center is at Sunny Coast 'Mudjimba" Check the links below for more info.

How to book exam and locations: casa.aspeqexams.com/Home/Index/

Permitted materials etc: www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/rpl-and-ppl-exams

Here is the CASA link for the PPL Exam: www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/ppl-private-pilot-licence

Link for a few Sample questions: www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/ppl-sample-examination-questions

Hope this helps and best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Qfly :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds