Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Just got my PPL. Now what?

• pilot1day
  • Topic Author

pilot1day replied the topic: Re: Just got my PPL. Now what?

Bugger, I work 2 jobs totalling 65 hours per week. Will have to take some major annual leave :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Just got my PPL. Now what?

The ME-CIR covers the same areas as a CIR except you are in a multi-engined aircraft and as such must also cover engine out operations e.g. after take-off, engine failure on go-around, assymetric approaches (e.g shooting an NDB approach with one engine out - that was a favourite).

A twin rating and a ME-CIR will of course be required to land your first twin job. IFR multi PIC command time is like gold in your logbook.

Oh, of course the other major difference between the ME-CIR and the CIR is the price :ohmy:

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Just got my PPL. Now what?

Yeah pilot1day, I would try not to do that haha. Imagine yourself after a hard days work, sitting in a cosy, warm cockpit (like a bed), not much light (like a bed) and very smooth (like a bed) flying.. You can see what I'm getting at.

On top of which you have to concentrate on dimly lit instruments and try keep an eye out on which towns you're passing over/by so as not to become disorientated. AND THEN, do some VOR/NDB intercepts.. or GPS or whatever.

Anyway all of this I'm sure you're instructor will mention before you start. So you're correct, annual leave would be a great idea, or hey even work in the morning, sleep, fly at night, sleep and keep doing that.

Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds