Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Take off & Landing distance factor

• Bmac
  • Topic Author

Bmac created the topic: Take off & Landing distance factor

Hi Bob & Richard,

I have worked through all the questions in the RPL/PPL book and the online exams avg 93% so no issues. I was wondering why the takeoff/landing distance factor has not been mentioned in the books or practice exams? I don't recall needing to apply this to any answers in the course material and I was wondering why

I am assuming CASA just want to see we can accurately plot the data? Therefore in a real world situation we would factor in?

thanks

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Take off & Landing distance factor

The take-off and landing distance factor has already been applied to the answer you get when you consult the P chart. In other words, the distance you get from the chart (which is the one that applies to your take-off of landing) is actually greater than the distance actually obtained by flight tests etc. The distance factor is provided for your information only.

• Bmac
  • Topic Author

Bmac replied the topic: Take off & Landing distance factor

Thanks for the quick reply bob that makes sense, my flight instructor just advised me not all charts are factored. Am I correct in assuming then if the P-charts do not show a factor, you must then apply it?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Take off & Landing distance factor

I've never heard of a chart that is not factored. The tests are done on new aircraft with the test pilot allowed several attempts to average out pilot inaccuracies. The charts have to be valid for an average pilot having a bad day with an old aeroplane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bmac

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds