If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.
RPL/PPL Volume 2 - Operational Met Question 14 help please
Bmac created the topic: RPL/PPL Volume 2 - Operational Met Question 14 help please
I have been stuck on this for an hour lol my brain is now fried as a result of the AIP please help me
Question No 14) AIP GEN 3.5 para 3.4.3 & AIP GEN 3.5 page 44
You are planning a flight to Bairnsdale VIC, the TAF service for this aerodrome is?
a) not provided except on request by SAR or mercy flights
b) issued every 12hr and valid for 12
c) issued as determined by consultation with clients
d) issued every 6 and valid for 12hrs
Answer showed as C and not sure why?
My answer was A - reason being
- I looked up the ERSA, found it to be a CAT D
- I went to the AIP GEN 3.5 Table 3.4.3 to review it
- I then noticed NOTE 3 "Content of TAF and locations for which TAF are issued in their categories, are given in section 15 & 16"
- I went to section 16 and noticed the TAF for Bairnsdale was not included so I concluded there is no TAF available
- Now Revert back to Table 3.4.3 Note 2: TAF will be provided on request for other locations in support of SAR & mercy flights
I am assuming the reference to page 44 holds the answer but not sure if this reference relates to superseded version of AIP? I attached what I assumed to be the reference but as you will see it is off topic
bobtait replied the topic: RPL/PPL Volume 2 - Operational Met Question 14 help please
According to my copy of the AIP, Bairnsdale is a Cat D aerodrome (AIP GEN 3.5 para 16.
Once you know that, if you look back to GEN 3.5 para 3.4.3 it says that the TAF service is issued every 6 to 12 hours and is valid for up to 12 hours. That has changed since the question was written and I have amended the text in the book to reflect that. Thanks for your feed-back.