Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Resitting the PPL(A) theory exam

• Jax
  • Topic Author

Jax created the topic: Resitting the PPL(A) theory exam

Hi guys,

Sorry if I sound silly, bit stressed and tired right now!
Last weekend I sat my PPL(A) theory exam for the first time and got 61%, was feeling pretty crappy afterwards. When I got the KDR, I remembered exactly what questions they were that I got wrong and I wrote them down word for word with the choice of answers. Quite a few of them were from when I went back through the test and started changing my answers. However with 2 W/B charts, 1 ETA type question and 1 performance T/O chart, I managed to stuff them up due to pure error. I did notice that a few questions were pretty much identical to some of the ones on the Bob Tait online exams, so that was helpful.

Ive been using the Bobtait PPL book for most of my study, roughly averaging 80-85% on the online practice exams, I've just recently also grabbed a copy of Rob Avery's PPL exams (first one I got 82% and I scored 78% on the 2nd test which I managed to find more difficult than the actual CASA PPL exam)

I'm just wondering from peoples opinions, should I probably postpone my upcoming PPL exam this weekend if I am scoring between 75-85% on my practice exams? I have this feeling that I should be getting at least 90% which would probably equate to me passing the actual CASA exam maybe 10-15% less than what I am currently getting? I feel like I want to give it another shot this coming weekend, I have fixed up a few errors I was making on the performance charts that cost a few marks etc, however I guess I'm so nervous now about failing again.

Thanks for reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Resitting the PPL(A) theory exam

It sounds like having another go this weekend would be a good idea. Now that you have had the experience of sitting the actual CASA exam you will feel more confident when you sit it again. You may be suffering from 'test anxiety' that often causes a drop in performance in the real test compared to the practice tests. Just do your best to slow down and carefully read each question.

All the best - and I'd like to hear how you go...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Jax
  • Topic Author

Jax replied the topic: Resitting the PPL(A) theory exam

Thanks Bob! I'll take that advice, and I'll let you know how I go this weekend! Cheers

• Jax
  • Topic Author

Jax replied the topic: Resitting the PPL(A) theory exam

Hi Bob!
So I'm happy to say I resat my exam yesterday and scored 88%
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds