Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Timed PPL Practice Exam Problems

• eccoops23
  • Topic Author

eccoops23 created the topic: Timed PPL Practice Exam Problems

Hi All! I just did the final, timed PPL practice exam, and there were a few questions that I couldn't quiet understand where I went wrong (see images).

Q44 was relating to an ARFOR division and freezing levels, ref ARFOR 2 from the Day VFR workbook (also in pics ).

It stated the division was East/West of a trough that runs from Wagga to Mallacoota, then decided a flight from Wagga to Canberra was west of that division?

Am I reading this question wrong? On my PCA canberra looks east of wagga....

The next one was Q51; relating to the Linear Take-Off chart ( ). When I did the chart (and in the provided answer) the result looks like 580m to me, yet the correct answer is 700?

I feel like I'm missing something here, is this a case of not reading the question well enough?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Timed PPL Practice Exam Problems

The take-off chart question used to have the answer at 580m, but somehow it seems to have recently changed. Your working is correct and I have reset the answer to 580m.

The Met question had you leaving Wagga (0500) one hour after the trough was passing through Wagga (0400) and that had you passing through the trough on the way to Canberra. That was a bit unfair. I have changed the departure time to 0400 so now it puts you clearly east of the trough. The FZL would then be 12000 ft. Thanks for your feed-back.

• eccoops23
  • Topic Author

eccoops23 replied the topic: Timed PPL Practice Exam Problems

So that's what I missed! Knew I was overlooking something on the met question there! Thanks for the help!

Also, I would like to say that both your PPL book, and the PPL practice exams, were incredibly helpful with my studies for my PPL theory. Thanks to your content I passed, first try, with 87%!

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds