Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

RPL Theory Exam

• Mark
  • Topic Author

Mark created the topic: RPL Theory Exam

I'm about to sit my RPL theory exam and am a little unsure as to what exactly I need to know and where to get it. I know I need to understand VMC rules in class G & D Airspace & around special VFR. What I can't find anywhere is the exact information around my Privileges, Limitations & Currency?
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cameran131

cameran131 replied the topic: RPL Theory Exam

Mark,

Not sure if you've already sat your exam or otherwise found this info, but in case you haven't, here is my 2 cents.

Privileges and limitations for the RPL are set out in Part 61 G of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations. Just google "Part 61G CASR" and i'm sure you'll locate the relevant sections.

As for currency, you need to have conducted at least 3 take-offs and 3 landings in the last 90 days in an aircraft of the same category as the aircraft you want to fly, in order to carry passengers. You may also satisfy the recency requirement if you have passed a flight test within the last 90 days.

So far as I can tell, there is no recency requirement that needs to be satisfied if you just want to go flying by yourself without passengers.

Hope that helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds