Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL meteorology

• Denis.Riordan
  • Topic Author

Denis.Riordan created the topic: PPL meteorology

Hi,
I'm currently studying meteorology section. It says refer to AIP, i take it i must get this book? The reason I'm asking here is my instructor did not have this book on the list and it is $145.

Thanks,

Denis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Firth

Firth replied the topic: PPL meteorology

Hello Denis
you can get all the appropriate documents you need by using Ozrunways or something similar for that price which would include updates for a year.

regards Firth Haigh

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL meteorology

Hi Denis,
While you are studying you can also access the documents for free as PDFs from the Air Services website:

www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp

However, when you go for your PPL theory exam, you will need to have access to the AIP information. I recommend you get hold of a copy of CASA's VFRG which includes VFR specific information from the AIP, CAR, CASRs and CAO's. You can order that via CASA's online store or view it online.

Here are some links:

VFRG:
www.vfrg.com.au/

CASA Online Store:
shop.casa.gov.au/collections/visual-pilot-guides-vpg-s

Permitted Materials for the PPL exam:
www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/rpl-and-ppl-exams

Just remember, when you do your exam you will not have access to online or digital versions of the documents. Only printed and bound versions are allowed amd for PPL exam purposes, I strongly recommend the VFRG as a replacement for the AIP.

Cheers,

Rich

• leminhphuong

leminhphuong replied the topic: PPL meteorology

Hi Richard,
I got VFRG form CASA already. Is it enough for PPL exam or i need to purchase for AIP?
Thx

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL meteorology

G'day,

No the VFRG should be all you need for the PPL exam even though there are a couple of minor errata. The AIP book won't be necessary but if you have access to a copy take it with you as a back up if you wish.

You will still need ERSA and charts as described on the CASA website though.

Cheers,

Rich

• leminhphuong

leminhphuong replied the topic: PPL meteorology

Thanks Rich

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds