Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Examples of ATC calls?

• rdarby
  • Topic Author

rdarby created the topic: Examples of ATC calls?

Hi

I am starting my training into controlled airspace, and today was my first foray into class D at YBSU. I was told what to do by my instructor as you would expect.

I am trying to find examples of the calls that need to be made, in the air and on the ground. I have found some in the CASA OnTrack, and some in the VFRG and AIP ENR1.1. However there were things that are not mentioned, such as when we crossed from tower to ground control.

Does anyone know if there are any Australian examples around?

Thanks for the help.
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grandsalami

grandsalami replied the topic: Examples of ATC calls?

Mate the best thing you can do is download the phone app Live ATC and select Jandakot or Bankstown aerodrome and listen to the calls that are made since they are both predominantly training aerodromes you can listen and learn the calls made.

Helped me a hell of a lot with gaining a great deal of confidence in making my calls. Then practice practice practice. Practice in the shower, on the toilet or while your driving in traffic.

And remember anytime you want to make a call its pretty much, who are you, where are you, what you want to do and any other information. i.e. Bankstown Tower, Archer Alpha Bravo Charlie at Prospect one thousand five hundred, inbound in receipt of Echo.

Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds