Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PCA CHART and DRIFT

• simon103
  • Topic Author

simon103 created the topic: PCA CHART and DRIFT

Hi everyone,

First time user of this forum. I recently completed some PPL exam preps and came across these 2 questions.

It looks as though the line from YNBR to YSGE has actually been drawn from the YWWA dot instead of the YNBR dot which is right underneath. The explanation also says "As Narrabri falls right on the border of area 20 and 22, you would need both of those ARFOR's for the flight" which isn't entirely correct, even though the answer is still the same. I know I'm nitpicking but just thought i would point it out.

Now, i don't know if I'm missing something with this one or if it's just a matter of someone confusing their Lefts and Rights. But it looks pretty clear that the drift is to the left, not the right?

Looking forward to the replies!

Cheers
Simon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PCA CHART and DRIFT

Simon

Thanks for your feed-back. I've checked those questions out. You are correct, the PCA chart image draws the line from the wrong dot on the map. I'll fix that. I have checked our file for the drift question and it gives the answer as 'right' drift so it looks as though the problem has already been spotted and fixed. Remember that drift is named after the wing that goes first. If the heading is to the left of track, the aircraft is flying right-wing-first up the track, so it is experiencing right drift. Thanks again for your feed-back, it is very much appreciated.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds