Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Aerodrome Categories with TAF available

• Aquila
  • Topic Author

Aquila created the topic: Aerodrome Categories with TAF available

Hi,
This question is in relation to Q 14, page 172, Meteorology section of the PPL Study Guide.
The question asks what the TAF for the aerodrome is and the answer is c, that the TAF is issued as determined by consultation with clients. This description aligns with Category D. Larger airports such as Sydney and Adelaide mention the Category under the Meteorological Information provided.
Cowra is not in the list in AIP GEN 3.5 paragraph 16 and after checking the section for Cowra in the ERSA, I was still unable to identify the category.
How do you identify the category for the TAF if it isn't listed in the ERSA or the list in the AIP as referenced above?

If someone can help, that would be wonderful!

Thank you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Aerodrome Categories with TAF available

Obviously someone has removed Cowra from the list - you just can't turn your back nowadays! Thanks for the feed-back Aquila - I've changed the question to read 'Bairnsdale VIC' instead.

• Aquila
  • Topic Author

Aquila replied the topic: Aerodrome Categories with TAF available

Hi Bob! Thank you for your quick response.
I was confused and thought I must have been missing something.
If this type of question comes up in the exam, where I can't find the reference in the AIP/ERSA/VFRG, is it best just to pick the option that best describes the airport type?

Elizabeth

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Aerodrome Categories with TAF available

AIP is the way to go. GEN 3.5 para 3.3.3 gives the details on the met service available for different categories and GEN 3.5 para 16 gives the category for various aerodromes throughout Australia. I can't see how the examiner could ask you a question relating to an aerodrome that is not listed in the table on GEN 3.5 para 16.

Bob

• Aquila
  • Topic Author

Aquila replied the topic: Aerodrome Categories with TAF available

Ok, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds