Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL(H)

• boscobrown
  • Topic Author

boscobrown created the topic: PPL(H)

Hi all,

First post here, new to the industry. I'm having a go at my PPL(H) license. Planning to study over the course of the next two months and then sit in with a tutor for a week or so before the exam. I have a full time job and can only study for approx 4 hrs a day (max).

Is it realistic to be able to sit the exam and expect to pass after this amount of time? I'm only doing MET right now and it seems like I'll either have forgotten all the material by the end of the two months, or will not have enough time to fully understand everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PPL(H)

Gidday Boscobrown and welcome to the forums. It's hard to say whether two months is adequate because it all depends on how much of that two months is going to be spent home studying the material. We run a full time PPLA class over four weeks and we need all of that to cover the course content. It could be done in two months by home study, but you would have to allocate at least 3 to 4 hours a day to study. Maybe you should consider making it three months.

All the best with it. Remember we are here if you need help along the way - just put up a post with any problems you may have.

Bob

• STITCHJNR

STITCHJNR replied the topic: PPL(H)

Hi Boscobrown and welcome to the forums as Bob said ,

I have been doing my PPL with Hartwig air at Parafield and i have been there for over a year and i work full time as well , and i fly at least 2 / 3 times a week ... and obviously when it comes to exam's and exam prep's i sit down with the theory teacher and he prints some work off for me in regards to the exam but not the exam so like mock questions and then he marks them and lets me know if i ready for the exam or not!.. or if there is more study required. ;) .

I work 8 Hour days as well , and fly between 4 - 6 because of day light savings ! at the moment , and then i come home and study and everything and im up until god know's what hour of the morning .. and then have to get ready for work and do it all again!

If you are dedicated then it is worth it putting in the hard yards! - the more study you can do and more study and guidance you can get when a tutor the better! :)

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds