Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

privileges and limitations

• seandemeano2
  • Topic Author

seandemeano2 created the topic: privileges and limitations

Hi guys.
i was going through the PPL checklist and did most but the first question is still really daunting and i have looked around the par61H but it is really vague and i cannot seem to find answers to the questions there.
The main question asked is the privileges and limitations for a PPL.
But my trainer also asked me further questions such as What can i fly as a pilot in command or co pilot. Single engine, Multi engine , Single pilot aircraft and multi pilot aircraft.
All these have ended up being very daunting and since I can't find the answers it has freaked me out and makes me feel a bit stupid. I am losing confidence with the inability to find these in the Part 61 E and H.
Could anyone provide any assistance PLEASE??
Thanks for having a read. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: privileges and limitations

Hi Sean,
It is a bit all over the place but basically, as pilot in command with a PPL, you can conduct a flight if:
- the aircraft is of the appropriate category (aeroplane, helicopter, gyroplane etc) for your licence (CASR 61.015)
- you hold the class rating for the aircraft (single-engined, mutli-engined etc) CASR 61.020
- you hold the appropriate design-feature endorsement for the aircraft (tailwheel, floats etc) CASR 61.755
- you hold the rating for the type of flight to be undertaken (e.g. night VFR, instrument conditions) CASR 61.M and onwards
- you hold the type-rating for the aircraft (if it needs one) - not likely applicable for a PPL.

The general privileges are listed in CASR 61.H.

Cheers,

Rich

• seandemeano2
  • Topic Author

seandemeano2 replied the topic: privileges and limitations

Thank you richard. I made sense out of it thanks to the explanation you wrote however one question that is still someting i cannot find is the Multi pilot aircraft bit. I do not see any info in the CASR in regards to whether a holder of a PPL can fly as a pilot in command or co-pilot in a multi pilot aeroplane.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: privileges and limitations

You can fly a multi-engine aircraft on a PPL but only if you have multi-engine rating. This is a class rating and is described in CASR 61.020. As for multi-crew, that is also possible but you must have completed an approved course of training in multi-crew operations (CASR 61.510). Please note a PPL does not entitle you to be crew on commercial operations (as described in CAR 2 and CAR 206). That includes multi-crew ops where you hold a PPL and the other pilot a CPL.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds