Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Thanks

• Anton
  • Topic Author

Anton created the topic: Thanks

Hi Bob, just to say thanks so much for your great books. I have been using the RPL and PPL texts to study for my PPL exam. I passed first go with 89%. Really appreciate the way these were written, with easy to understand explanations and great revision questions. I did note that quite a few questions in the PPL exam asked for an exact answer rather than offering up multi choice options, which made things interesting.

Finally, if I wish to get a Private Instrument Rating after completing my PPL, do I need to sit the full IREX Exam or is there another way to get the theory done.

Thanks Again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Thanks

That's great news Anton and a very good mark especially for home study. CASA are now including some questions where you have to type a value into a field rather than choose an option in a multi choice format. This is usually done when the answer is a calculation such as density altitude or fuel required etc. It doesn't really make much difference if you know your stuff, but it does make it more difficult if you want to hope for the best and have a guess!!

You don't need to do the IREX exam for a Private Instrument Rating. However some pilots choose to do the full IREX because it does give you a more complete understanding of the IFR world. Some students study the IREX, either through home study or through a full-time course, without sitting the actual IREX exam. Your flying school will organise any exams associated with your Private Instrument Rating training. If you do choose to sit the IREX exam you will, of course, be covered for the Private Instrument Rating knowledge requirements.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds