Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL Exam Prep

• Valentino
  • Topic Author

Valentino created the topic: PPL Exam Prep

Hi ,
I'm Studying for the PPL (Helicopter) exam & I'm kind of new to all of this as I was in a different field before.
Finding it really enjoyable & challenging at the same time, learning about aviation though!
Just need some help regarding the books I would need for the exam as I'm a little confused about certain ones.
I was planning on getting the ERSA & AIP ENR. Just wondering if there are any differences between these two as they both state to be En Route Supplements.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PPL Exam Prep

Hi Valentino

Those publications are separate documents and each contains information that you will need for your study. However, if you can get a copy of the new Visual Flight Rules Guide [VFRG], that document replaces the AIP GEN, AIP ENR, CAO, CAR and CASR. So it will save you lots of money. Copies of the VFRG are available through the CASA web site. If you have the VFRG, the only other documents you need are the ERSA and the maps [VTC, VEC and PCA].

• Valentino
  • Topic Author

Valentino replied the topic: PPL Exam Prep

Thank you very much for your information! helped me out heaps. They make it a little confusing and difficult to know what to get and need for the exams/study.
Just making sure, so I would need to buy this : shop.casa.gov.au/products/sp161-visual-flight-rules-guide &
www.conceptaviation.com.au/search-info/a...nd/?q=ERSA&words=all

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PPL Exam Prep

Yes, those two documents, along with the maps, are all you need for PPL. I agree that the number of other documents can make it very confusing. Sadly, the vast majority of content of the AIP, CAO, CAR and CASR is completely irrelevant for a VFR private pilot.

Bob

• Valentino
  • Topic Author

Valentino replied the topic: PPL Exam Prep

Yea, I think they should simplify the materials/books needed for certain courses so it's not as confusing haha
Back to studying for now!
thanks again for your help.

840493 replied the topic: PPL Exam Prep

Richard , just sat my PPL theory exam today, scored 90%. Not bad for a UAV operator.
The exam tips you gave me worked well, it took me 70 minutes to complete the test and 20 minutes to check the answers.
I had made a couple of errors due to not reading the question properly, but picked them up during the recheck.
Also understanding the subject is vital not just being able to regurgitate facts.

There were only a couple of left field questions:
Checking of fuel tank vents?
Mixture control and EGT?
Carriage of weapons on a hired aircraft? I didn't know if this made a difference.
There were lots of ADIZ and ARFOR questions.
A navigation question that gave you the Track error and then the correction applied and asked what time you re-aquired FPT. Also one of the take off charts wanted to know which runway gave the shortest take off run, with one with a tailwind and uphill, with the other being headwind and downhill.Managed to get them right.
Thanks for your assistance and I will see you in November for IREX.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds