Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL questionare

• krugz93
  • Topic Author

krugz93 created the topic: PPL questionare

Hi guys
I am currently doing a PPL questionnaire before doing my flight test next week and I've just gotten stuck on a few questions hoping someone with a bit more knowledge than me would know where to find the answers. :)

I am struggling on finding the answers to the following questions:

1.) Aircraft instruments serviceability tolerances (Q: With an accurate QNH set a VFR altimeter should read site elevation to what tolerances?)
- Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Altimeter tolerance is +/- 30ft, but I'm unsure and cant find the section on this.

2.) When will there be more than one QNH in an AQZ ( Area QNH Zone) ?

3.) When overflying an aerodrome OCTA, at which altitude will an overfly call NOT be required. ( Q: overflying Bundaberg, at which altitude will an overfly call not be required.

4.) Height of clouds in TAF ( As far as Im aware height of clouds in TAF = AGL and AMSL in ARFORs) but I cant find this anywhere in the AIP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: PPL questionare

Hi Krugz,

AIP ENR 1.7 is where you can will find the answers to your Altimeter questions re: AQZ and servicability checks.

Cloud datum for forecasts can be found in AIP GEN 3.5.

I find the most effective way to find what I'm looking for is to look up either the Table of Contents or the Index. I also try a bit of word association if I can't find it word-for-word. Things like AQZ, I try Area QNH or just QNH in the Index and you will find Area QNH in ENR 1.7-3 under Altimeter setting rules, or, just simlpy QNH. For TAF Cloud heights, if cloud height or TAF doesn't work think of where you would read it. 'Aerodrome foreast!' You can also find it in the AIP-GEN table of contents as Cloud height datum under Aviation forecasts.

Hope this help your find what looking for now, and give you a searching technique to find things in the future.

Cheers,
Mister W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds