Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL Performance - Alpha

• ray2310
  • Topic Author

ray2310 created the topic: PPL Performance - Alpha

Hi,
I am sitting my PPL theory exam later this week and I wanted to find out something regarding loading with the Alpha system.
Will the question in the exam state which passengers will be seated at which rows? For example, if I am given 5 passengers and their weights with no specific seating instructions do I load them so that the heaviest passengers are closest to the front of the A/C? For example, if i am given Pilot = 84, Passengers = 72, 87, 61, 68, 91. Would I load 91 next to the pilot, 87 and 72 in Row 2 and 61 and 68 in Row 3? or doesn't it make a difference?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: PPL Performance - Alpha

Have a read of the loading instructions. All W+B charts will have loading instructions which tell you how to load the aircraft. Some answer in test questions do revolve around knowledge of the instructions and not so much about the figures found on the chart.

Cheers,

Mister W.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL Performance - Alpha

Hi Ray,
Further to what MisterW has already said, the exam will explicitly tell you which passengers are loaded in which positions and also where baggage (if any) is placed. This applies to all loading questions in the PPL exam. In the real world though, you would use your common sense and load to keep the weight and CofG position within the limits described in the POH for your aircraft.
Cheers,
Rich

• ray2310
  • Topic Author

ray2310 replied the topic: PPL Performance - Alpha

Thanks for that, just wanted to make sure!

I've got the PPLA Exam Prep modules and going to go through the questions in the book. You wouldn't know of anywhere I could get additional Loading questions? (alpha,bravo,charlie) just for practice and to make sure I've nailed them?

Cheers
Ray

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds