Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Track error and closing angle

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

boeing777mark created the topic: Track error and closing angle

Hi guys I have come across a question which says you are 7 NM off track to the left after 27NM flown with 48 NM to go. The track error and closing angle are respectively

16 left and 9 left
16 left and 16 left
9 left and 16 left
16 left and 9 right

I choose the last one which to me is correct but the answer is the first one, can anyone put sense to why the closing angle would also be to the left rather than the right, maybe it's the wording of the question

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Track error and closing angle

I don't think that is one of my questions. We normally don't give closing angle a sense of 'left' or 'right' because it is obvious whiich side of flight planned track you are once you have established the track error. However I would think you would call that one left closing angle because you are closing on the flight planned track from the left side of track. It is true that you would be turning right to regain track, but the closing angle would be named from the side of track from which your are closing.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds