Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

ERSA Study for PPL

• mt.matt
  • Topic Author

mt.matt created the topic: ERSA Study for PPL

Hi all,

Just got a question if I may regarding what should I tag/ highlight and read/ know in the ERSA for the PPL?

I can't find any info on what I should be doing with that book for the exam besides bringing one and having 5 tags.

Many thanks,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: ERSA Study for PPL

Hi Matt,

The ERSA is really a book you should know how to use more than know completely off by heart in my opinion. Sure, there is stuff in there you should know without needing to look it up but for the purposes of the exam, I find it hard to recommend exactly where you should put your 5 allowed tags - if indeed you use any at all. It really is up to you. in fact, some students prefer to use a highlighter pen to mark the page edges of the different sections in different colours to make navigating the book a little easier and the tags as instant access to important pages e.g. GEN-CON-2 for the fuel weight tables.

As for which areas to read, make sure you are familiar with the ERSA introduction (INTRO) for the ERSA decodes and format explanation. If you understand the INTRO section and the layout of the FAC entries you will find it easier to answer specific questions related to any aerodrome listed there. You won't get questions which require usage of the RDS in the PPL exam, but it wouldn't hurt to at least be familiar with the layout.

Be sure to review the Emergency section (EMERG) for procedures in emergency situations as well.

Perhaps other students can make some suggestions from their own exam preparations ... anyone?

Cheers,

Rich

• mt.matt
  • Topic Author

mt.matt replied the topic: ERSA Study for PPL

Thanks Rich. I was surprised no one had asked that question here before but I guess most people go through a school for study and already know anyway.

I have been using the FAC for 2 years now for my job which is handy so i know my way around them and generally where most info is. I'll have a good read of the INTRO and GEN-CON (and highlight them) and do the same with the EMERG section.

Many thanks once again.
M

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds