Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL Recency

• basketball
  • Topic Author

basketball created the topic: PPL Recency

Howdy Folks,

Just had a question about the recency requirements of a PPL holder.

I was reading CAR 5.82, and it states to act as pilot in command carrying passengers you have to, within the last 90 days carry out 3 takeoff and landings, either as pilot in command,command under supervision or dual flying.

I am assuming that if you are doing circuits for example, the touch and go's do not count as a takeoff and landing?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neville75

Neville75 replied the topic: Re: PPL Recency

You are certainly taking off and landing when performing circuits, touch and go's would meet these requirements.

These recency requirements are only if you are carrying pax. If you were going up on your own, then recency of 3 take offs and landings in 90 days is not required legally.

Nev

• basketball
  • Topic Author

basketball replied the topic: Re: PPL Recency

Thanks Mate,

Only reason I asked was because I thought I saw somewhere in the regs where the definition of a landing was where you slow down to taxi speed, but this wouldn't be the case during touch and go's. Naturally I can't seem to find that definition again!

It would make sense for touch and go's to be considered sufficient, given that a GFPT only requires a dual or solo flight within the last 90 days to act as pilot in command, albeit only within in the student area if carrying pax.

Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds