Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL ERRATA UPDATE

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: PPL ERRATA UPDATE

With the November 2011 update came changes to the interpretation of the QNH and temperature values in a TAF. Since CASA will always base its answers on the latest regulations it is vital you are familiar with the changes. Please see the following errata for more information:

www.bobtait.com.au/books/errata/103-private-pilot-licence-ppl

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grahamjrees

grahamjrees replied the topic: Re: PPL ERRATA UPDATE

Hey Richard

This may be an oldie, but I have a query re PPL Weight and Balance Drill Exercises Q15 on page 1.3.15.

The answer is given as 96kg based on a MAX AUW of 1118kg, whereas the Charlie chart gives a MAX AUW of 1115kg. On this basis am I correct in thinking that the answer must be 93kg, or have I goofed?

Thanks

Graham

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re: PPL ERRATA UPDATE

Hi Graham,

No you haven't goofed. The answer should be 93kg. The original answer of 96kg is based on using a specific gravity of 0.71 for converting litres of AVGAS to kilograms. The standard constant specified in ERSA GEN-CON-2 however is now actually 0.72. This 0.1 increase in SG constant makes the fuel load 3kg heavier which takes 3kg away from weight available for baggage.

So, using the ERSA AVGAS SG constant, you can indeed only carry 93kg of baggage. Well spotted!

Cheers,

Rich

P.S. I've updated the errata page for the PPL book.

• grahamjrees

There's a typo on PPL P2.6.13 under the heading "How do you know if aerodrome forecasts are available?" In the third line..."publislhed."

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: PPL ERRATA UPDATE

Thanks for that one. It's been fixed. Much appreciated.

Bob

• grahamjrees

I'm sure you've found this one, but...in for a penny...

Fig 9

The TAF gives the INTER as between 0500 and 1200 with visibility reduced to 3000. The diagram shows it as between 0400 and 0800 with "Forecast periods of visibility to 5000m...".

• grahamjrees

OK. Now I'm confused. Fig 10 nails it, but I don't understand why Fig 9 is there. This may be a comprehension issue not an errata.

• grahamjrees

2.6.24 Traffic Holding, "...appart..."

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds