Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL theory medical factors questions

• PDH
  • Topic Author

PDH created the topic: PPL theory medical factors questions

Could anyone tell me the best (& quickest?) source of info relating to the medical / physiological questions I am finding in the cyber exams? I did my BAK 10+ years ago & many of my texts are old & I'm only just striking these questions now. 5 days out from the exam.

Peta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: PPL theory medical factors questions

Hi Peta,

First off, sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I've been flat out with the online school and working on the Aerodynamics online course.

For a quick fix on the Human factors component of the PPL syllabus, you can use the HPL section of Bob's BAK textbook (if you have that). For a more in-depth coverage you can also take a look at the "Human Performance and Limitations" text. That might be a bit much to chew through in only a few days though plus it probably goes beyond what you need at PPL level.

One thing you MUST make sure you are fully up to speed with is Threat and Error Management(TEM). It features heavily in the commercial exams but also increasingly in the PPL CASA cyberexams. It is something quite new and is unlikely to be touched on in your 10-year old reference texts.

The good news is, everything you need to know is covered in CAAP 5.59-1. In fact, the TEM questions are taken pretty much word for word out of that CAAP, primarily sections 13 and 14.

Here's the link to the PDF of CAAP 5.59-1 at CASA:

www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/down...caaps/ops/5_59_1.pdf

Bob is also reworking the TEM section of the HPL textbook but that won't be available for a while yet. You can however read the current TEM section here on the site as a free download:

HPL TEM (PDF ~2.29MB)

There are other textbooks available (e.g. "Human Factors" from ATC) which you might want to check out too but again, I understand your time is limited before the exam. Our texts are available in printed form, as E-Text or as a combo package from the online store ( click here ). An E-Text might be of interest to you since you save the postage time and you can get access to the textbook very quickly (if you order during working hours).

Good luck with your exam and if you have any specific questions, please let us know.

Cheers,

Rich

• PDH
  • Topic Author

PDH replied the topic: Re: PPL theory medical factors questions

That's great advice Richard & I am onto it BUT: is there anyone manning the online shop this weekend because I bought the BAK E-Text yesterday & NO BOOK YET! I've emailed (because I missed entering my ARN) & in a few hours I will need to get in the car & turn study hours into driving hours (& cancel the order). Any advice???

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: PPL theory medical factors questions

An E-Text might be of interest to you since you save the postage time and you can get access to the textbook very quickly (if you order during working hours).

Oops you might be out of luck mate!

• PDH
  • Topic Author

I hope I read the exam questions better than I read posts, right?
Maybe I can hang out for 9am Monday!

• Richard

G'day Peta,

Please check your online school account. I've activated your BAK textbook for you today.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,

Rich

• PDH
  • Topic Author

You are a champ Rich - will let you know if it does the trick for the exam. Many thanks.
Peta

• PDH
  • Topic Author

Update as promised - PPLA 87% pass with all HF & TEM questions correct. Thanks for your help, Rich.

Peta

• Richard

:woohoo: Great job Peta!! Congratulations!

All the best with your flying.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds