Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Hi from Milne Bay PNG

• Dr.dimdim
  • Topic Author

Dr.dimdim created the topic: Hi from Milne Bay PNG

Hi Bob
Hope you and the team are well and powering on as usual.
Remember me? Barry from PNG
Sorry I didn't get to call in on my way to PNG as I promised. The Beaver was so full of cargo it was not practical packing and unpacking and we were late leaving Archerfield due to a transponder malfunction. Only made it to Gladstone first day. That was September. Time flies fast.
It's Slowly slowly here Going into places for the first time Getting the hangar up to a maintenance standard.
Some pics
Raba Raba coast on north side of PNG, Milne bay
Taking off at Doini Island
Slow and low 500' up the bay
Turning final into Sehulea health centre. The airstrip was serviceable today, just!

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Will call for coffee when next in Brisbane
Best wishes
Barry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Hi from Milne Bay PNG

Gidday Dr dimdim!
Great to hear from you. It's a pity you couldn't drop in on the way up, but we fully understand. It would have been silly to leave Archerfield only to stop at Redlciffe at the beginning of such a long trip. We all think of you often - especially the girls in your fan club at the asylum. You made a lasting impression that night. I don't know why, but I couldn't open your links, just got a 'you don't have permissions to access this page'. Maybe you could try e-mailing them.

Take it easy up there mate. It must be quite a challenge, but then you seem to thrive on challenges.

We'd love to see you if you ever come down this way again. Please keep in touch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds