Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Mister W created the topic: Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

Hi all,
Just got back from the USA this week. Thought I would share some of my photos from the Blue Angels Homecoming airshow which was held at NAS Pensacola. It was a free airshow with a crowd of over 100,000 spectators.

As well as the Blue Angels, there were some civilian acts (sadly I missed part of it due to traffic). There was a guy doing aeros in Beech 18. Michael Goulian was there in his Extra 330 and a formation team of 10 RVs. It was also the first time I had seen an F-35 JSF that wasn't wooden mock up. Yes, they do fly! Two of them flew overhead then did some circuits.

The Blue Angels flight display is truly a must see. Eventhrough number 3 had some difficulties and returned, the team on the ground got a spare number 3 going for the last half of the 40 minute show. A friend of mine got a great photo of the two number 3s parked nose to nose.

On our to Pensacola, we stopped in Mobile, Alabama at the Battleship park. I heard they had one of my favorites there. An early model SR-71 Blackbird! this one was the A-12 variant.

Anyway. Hope you enjoy my photos.

Best flying display I have ever seen.

Cheers,
Mister W.

Two U.S. Navy F-35 JSF

They do fly!

Not a wooden mock up this time.

Team AeroDynamix. This team was so big, I had to zoom right out and almost put the camera on the ground to fit all of them in the shot.

Good ol' Fat Albert C-130

The diamond 4

Solo pairs at 400+mph and 200 feet.

18 inches apart (about half a metre). Number 3 went missing. The show must go on!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Mister W replied the topic: Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

Solo pairs dirty pass with one inverted.

Echelon roll through 270 degrees then they rejoin as a diamond.

Number 6 zipping past to catch the rest.

One of their most demanding manoeuvres. A perfect line abreast loop. Impressive!

Solo pairs slow pass. You can just make out the gold visor on number 5's helmet.

6 ship delta barrel roll.

one of a couple of breaks they performed.

Best opportunity I had to get a shot on the ground. This was after the show.

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Me with my ol' mate Capt. Thomas Frosch. Blue Angels 1 (Boss)

Attachments:

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Battleship park. Mobile, Alabama USA.

F-4D at the gate.

USS Alabama

The beautiful Blackbird. It was bigger than what I expected.

My beloved Christine. Trying to work out how we can sneek it home and if we will have to pay for excess baggage on the 787-900.

B-52D.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

Some really great shots there. Must have been a great trip. Thanks for sharing them with us - the yanks sure know how to build a warbird...........

• sophiaedward64

sophiaedward64 replied the topic: Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

It was a great show no doubt, I have attended this show with my kids and they enjoyed there a lot, it was too difficult to get passes of this event luckily I found passes on www.reecoupons.com/view/florida-ticket-station , well really it was a hell fun there,now I am waiting for another event, because my kids are waiting.

• Sofeopka

Sofeopka replied the topic: Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

Amazing photos, even 6 years on. Thanks for sharing them. Really awesome.

• BufyuSuspa123

BufyuSuspa123 replied the topic: Blue Angels Homecoming airshow 2014

Tentatively scheduled for all both days will be extraordinary aerobatics by performers such as John Klatt in his “Screamin’ Sasquatch’ Jet Waco and David Martin will pilot his Brietling CAP 232. Roger Buis will amaze the crowd in “Otto the Helicopter” and Matt Younkin will excite everyone with aerobatics in his Beech 18. Neal Darnell will also be on hand to impress visitors in his Shockwave Jet Truck.

www.mysavinghub.com/store/olight-usa-coupons

Time to create page: 1.421 seconds