Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

New Gallery : Thursday Island Trip 2012

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: New Gallery : Thursday Island Trip 2012

In April, Bob and I headed off on a 2500nm round trip to Thursday Island. Bob used to teach there back when he was with the QLD Education Department. We've put some photos together if you want to take a look.

It's in the gallery section of the site and there are two versions:

- the normal slideshow
- the CoolIris flash version .

If you're on an IOS device you'll need to use the first version since the second one needs flash.

What a great trip with a great bloke and in a great plane. Thanks Bob!

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: New Gallery : Thursday Island Trip 2012

What a fabulous trip. Especially the last photo. I guess you may have wondered what ever happened to me (or maybe not). Well I am finally sitting my CPL test next Monday weather permitting.

I ended up going to Melbourne Flight Training at Moorabbin to get all the Day VFR stuff checked and brush up some skills. Doing all the flying in a C182S. Fair to say the standard now for CPL is WAY WAY WAY higher that I expected. Anyway it has been a long and fulfilling journey thus far and almost there.

I'll send you a photo of my license when I finally get it.

Cheers. Brenton
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: New Gallery : Thursday Island Trip 2012

Brenton

How wonderful to hear from you. It's good to know that you are now just a wisker away from the final goal. I'm sure you will handle it well. All the best, we'll be thinking of you.

Bob

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: New Gallery : Thursday Island Trip 2012

Hi Brenton,

Good to hear you're alllllmost there! Like the pics, Albert Park is the middle one? Could be way off, I am a Perthite. But I would be surprised if they didn't build that specifically as a racetrack! I've had many a lap on the old Nintendo at that track haha!

I'm sure you'll ace the test, know the flight test form, take some water, tim tams and the days newspaper for the ATO!

Cheers mate let us know how you go.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: New Gallery : Thursday Island Trip 2012

Cheers mate, And thanks for the kind words. I'll certainly send a note next week once all this is done (weather permitting). It has been a long road but very very fulfilling indeed.

Stella and I are still planning to be in WA after winter so we must catch up in the flesh.

New email address - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. is my iPhone contact. Still using the home email of This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds