Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Fun in the Cellar

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: Fun in the Cellar

Here's some footage taken in my Cat III equivalent sim in the cellar at home in Germany. Martin, a mate from Siegen tries to get a BE76 Duchess in safely. His father-in-law, Ron is an Aussie who used to be a Conquest pilot with Skippers Aviation. He takes the role of instructor for this colourful trip. Martin doesn't have a licence and has never flown a twin so all is forgiven, especially considering every crash costs a round at my unofficial Aeroclub bar.

"Make mine a Merlot, thanks barman" B)

For you lucky West Coasters, the strip in question is Busselton (YBLN) RW 21

NOTE: unfortunately youtube won't allow the video to be played on mobile devices. I'll create a mobile version one without soundtrack and post a link here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Docholliday

Docholliday replied the topic: Re: Fun in the Cellar

Thanks for showing my remarkable landing of a BE76 Duchess to the puplic. We had a ball watching it - but I would like to point out that this was my very first attempt of many (more succesful one's) after a few glasses of Merlot.

Cheers Rich here's to you

Martin and Ron

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Fun in the Cellar

Haha excellent!

I did a quick flight to Busso earlier this month actually.. to pick up the chief winemaker for Penfolds!

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re: Fun in the Cellar

Here's the same video but without music. Now YouTube lets it play on mobile devices.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Sim on the move....

With our upcoming move back to Australia, it is time to break the monster sim out of the cellar for shipping off to the school in Redcliffe. Here's the beast in preparation for crating.

The larger box contains the computers and support equipment.

The sim should touch down at the school late February - just in time for the BAK/PPL course start. I suspect there may be some "flight-testing" happening after class with any luck ;)

Cheers,

Rich
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds