Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PNR & crosswind

• Eddd
  • Topic Author

Eddd created the topic: PNR & crosswind

Hey guys,
I came along some questions for PNR that required you calculate a crosswind from a chart?? I only saw this when I marked the PNR question in one of the last checkups. Could you calculate your crosswind by a flight computer? or where can I find this chart, cause it's not in my performance?? please help sitting exam next week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: PNR & crosswind

Hi Eddd,

You can use a flight computer but you might be better served using the crosswind component table. You'll find that in ERSA GEN-CON 5 (Conversions-Wind Component). You can use that to get the head or tail wind components of the forecast wind for your PNR calculations.

To get the headwind component, use the angle to the wind on the scale along the BOTTOM of the chart against the windspeed in knots on the vertical scale.

To get the crosswind component, use the angle to the wind on the scale along the TOP of the chart against the windspeed in knots on the vertical scale.

Cheers,

Rich

• Eddd
  • Topic Author

Eddd replied the topic: Re: PNR & crosswind

thanks alot!! need to check my ersa more that was like my last question I had you really cleared that up for me.

ed

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: PNR & crosswind

No worries Ed. Glad to help :)

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds