Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

• lostinspace2011
  • Topic Author

lostinspace2011 created the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

Where can I find out more about the fuel requirement when holding fuel is required at both the departure airport and the destination.

For example when INTER / TEMPO are active in both locations.

I would have thought that having holding fuel for the longer one would be sufficient. So if there is an INTER (60 mins) and a TEMPO (30 mins) with the two locations respectively, I would only be required to hold 60 mins extra fuel.

In the context of PNR calculation this becomes important when working out the endurance.

To be honest if this were to happen in the real world, maybe its an indication to not fly and wait for better conditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

AIP ENR 1.1-73 para 10.7.1.2 (b)

You cannot nominate an alternate aerodrome which would require another alternate.

For the purpose of pnr calculations, you only need holding at departure, because you won't be flying past pnr point, you will be returning back.

Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

G'day Bosi

Just a heads up the new Dec 2 AIP is full of changes, that reference you gave is one of them AIP ENR 1.1-73 -->> is now AIP ENR 1.1-70. (though it's not in force till Dec 2 I thought you'd like to know about the changes)

Fun times ahead :)

Bosi72 replied the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

Thanks Stuart, I also noticed in addition to Conversions, also the VMC limits from ENR 1.2-2 are also gone, meaning Law (and other Extracts) would now have to include VMC section 2.07 Part 91 MOS.

I have both AIP and ERSA in binders and it helps me when manually replacing pages to see what changes were made/introductd.
However I can see the amount of work that you guys have to do (errata, books, extracts, practice exams...) and obviously frustrations that comes with that.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

I think I need a hug!!!!

1035086 replied the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

Hi there. I understand that many things would change after 2nd of December and I agree with Bosi72 that there may it would be super frustrating to edit the content in the book. I would just like to know about when will you guys finish the amendments of the text?

A bit of background: I was supposed to do my remaining 3 papers (air law, met and perf) in march 2020 when corona virus hit and I an international student from Singapore and finally i can now return to clear it. However, I didn't realize the pending changes until I booked my exams and my air tickets. So if the amendments aint coming in soon, i guess i have to really do the amendments myself but I dont know how well can I do that...

The part of the problem is some of the changes haven't been published yet, and the new law starts next week (!).

Regardless, the transition won't hapen instantaneously. Probably in the next 3 months the same questions will be used.

As a pilot, I bought new rules explained in plain English, however whilst there are some examples, majority of text is still in legal language using references, paragraphs, etc...

To me, plain English textbook should contain real world scenarios such as Jack is flying twin engine piston at 3500ft etc etc...

In any case don't stop studying/learning, the principles will remain more or less the same, and you will quickly pick up the differences.

Ps: I studied Performance from old BT book when reserves were 15%. It was a quick shift to 10% but the principles remained the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1035086

1035086 replied the topic: Requirement for holding fuel at both departure and destination

Hey Bosi72. Thanks for the tips and encouragement. Will do my best :)

Here are the new Fuel terminology changes as of Dec 2nd 2021.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1035086

Thanks man. I manage to find the document where they map the CAO to the new regulations.
Can I check if the 3.2% climb gradient dirty and 6% gradient clean is no longer the rule?

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds