Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Highlights in caap

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph created the topic: Highlights in caap

Just wondering... are we able to take a caap into the exam that already has highlighted parts in it... I’m studying and didn’t want to mark mine in case it’s deemed to be cheering of something... I know it’s fine to have the aip and such already highlighted....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Highlights in caap

Hi Sophie

Short answer No

Cheers
Attachments:

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph replied the topic: Highlights in caap

Thanks stuart... but I’m able to use a highlighting pen to highlight words... just not write any notes...or tag the pages.?

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Highlights in caap

I would say yes but to be sure I'd take a unmarked copy just in case, it's really up to each invigilator as I have seen different decisions at different centres

Sorry I didn't read your original question correctly

• Sofeopka

Sofeopka replied the topic: Highlights in caap

It is invigilator specific, take two copies as Stuart mentions.

I emailed CASA licensing with a similar question asking about "dog earring" pages and I didn't receive a response. (They maybe were hesitant to put it in writing.)

I have emailed CASA licensing asking several questions about exams and they have been extremely helpful overall, with very fast and informative responses elaborating deeply on my query.

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: Highlights in caap

I have been at two exams recently with different invigilators and no problems with highlighting (as per very first sentence in Stuart's post)
But no writing, notes, references (e.g. arrows), nothing other that highlighting is allowed. Number of tags was counted and every tag must have a word from the topic name on the page, or page number e.g. 1.5 (as in ENR 1.5).
My only "sin" was tag named "OCTAS" describing clouds, because that wasn't the topic name. I happily removed that tag as I already memorised the section number.

I must admit I have never seen so passionate invigilator checking thoroughly almost every page from AIP, ERSA, DAPs, CAR/CASR extract, all charts including PCA, even e6b was turned around :) She did that with every candidate and even made a couple of phone calls to someone seeking for clarifications.

Exam started ~40 mins later than scheduled.

Relax, nothing wrong with highlighting.

Time to create page: 0.702 seconds