Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Fuel Burn and TAS Table

• gbarr1
  • Topic Author

gbarr1 created the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

Howdy All,

Running through test exams prior to sitting exam tomorrow.
Just a question for anyone that has sat it.

In the text questions here, it still implies reference to find fuel burns etc (i.e. 65% MCP) to do things like PNR calculations.
Now I can remember at 65% MCP in the Echo it is 14GPH an engine

However, I noticed in the Day VFR workbook you get in the exam there is no refernece to fuel burn tables or TAS tables.
Does this mean that in the exam questions those values are given by the examiner or do I need to memorise fuel burn rates for the echo?

Hope that makes sense and sorry if it is a topic that has already been covered, i searched but could not find.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

I would expect those values to be given in the exam.

Cheers

• gbarr1
  • Topic Author

gbarr1 replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

Brilliant, thanks for the clarification

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

I decided some time ago that I would include the tables for TAS and Fuel Flow in our course supplement to give students the experience of extracting those performance figures from the manual as they would have to do in the real world. The CASA MOS says that students should be capable of using performance tables, so I thought this would be a good way to comply with that requirement.

It is true that no performance tables will be provided in the exam and I think that's a pity. In fact the figures for such things as TAS or Fuel Flow will simply be given in the text of each question so it's actually much easier than it would be in practice.

All the best with the exam

Bob

• gbarr1
  • Topic Author

gbarr1 replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

Thanks Bob, completely agree from a real world point that the exposure has been brilliant. Appreciate the response

• c210flyer

c210flyer replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

Hi guys,
I recently had a student ask my help on a question he received in the CASA CFPA exam. He said he got a question that referred to a fuel flow of 65% MCP. There was no reference to the fuel flow in the question at all.
Starting to lose guidance on what is right and wrong to be teaching anymore.

Cheers

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

I decided some time ago that I would include the tables for TAS and Fuel Flow in our course supplement to give students the experience of extracting those performance figures from the manual as they would have to do in the real world. The CASA MOS says that students should be capable of using performance tables, so I thought this would be a good way to comply with that requirement.

It is true that no performance tables will be provided in the exam and I think that's a pity. In fact the figures for such things as TAS or Fuel Flow will simply be given in the text of each question so it's actually much easier than it would be in practice.

I simply means that the CASA exam is much easier since all of the performance figures are given in each individual question,

• c210flyer

c210flyer replied the topic: Fuel Burn and TAS Table

Apologies perhaps I wasn’t as clear as I could have been. The student reported that THERE WAS NO FUEL FLOW in the question. It only asked for a fuel calculation using an echo aircraft at 65% MCP. Hard to know what that is unless you’ve memorised it to be 14 GPH per engine.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds