Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Density altitude questions

• flyer
  • Topic Author

flyer created the topic: Density altitude questions

I would like to ask two things about density altitude:

1. In my calculations to get ISA tempt, I will use 15- 2 x(elevation) as per formula. If the elevation is 2400ft, I will calculate with 15-2x(2.4), however, I noticed the answers in the textbook does not retain the digit after the decimal point, and instead rounds it off. If I use more current method of retaining the digit after the decimal point, is that ok? and a more accurate way of getting my answer? Or should I round off?

2. In the take-off and landing charts, the chart starts off at the pressure height (as indicated by the 'start here'). I once accidentally tried to start off with the density height instead as I had the parameters to calculate it. However, I noticed the lines drawn to get my eventual landing weight with density height differs to when I used the pressure height as the starting point, thus getting the wrong answer with the former method. Why is that so?

Edit: Just realised this should be under Performance. How can I move this topic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds