Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

BT CFPA online exam question error?

• Rhys
  • Topic Author

Rhys created the topic: BT CFPA online exam question error?

Hi, could you please review the below MTOW/ cargo question that I just completed in the BT CFPA exam no.2.

It lists ZFW = 2638kg not 2630kg.

Thank you
Rhys

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rhys
  • Topic Author

Rhys replied the topic: BT CFPA online exam question error?

Something else that I came across in the same exam, 2 answers had the headwind/tailwind applied to TAS differently (the component of wind was not equal like it normally is eg. +29kts HWC and -29kts TWC). ETAS wasn't warranted either as CWC was under 10kts.

Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: BT CFPA online exam question error?

That's because when the wind is given as a vector it wont be the same and as CASA is being very strict on the answers we have taken that approach

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: BT CFPA online exam question error?

G'day Rhys

Sorry about that it must have slipped through when we did the Fuel requirement update changed way too many numbers, I have amended the answer

• Rhys
  • Topic Author

Rhys replied the topic: BT CFPA online exam question error?

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for replying.

I'm feeling pretty stuffed atm. I use a CR3. In the example, the wind vector works out at 7.5kt of CWC - roughly 2.5o heading adj. Factoring in the 2.5o adj only turns you into the headwind, and, further away from the 25kt HWC that's in the answer. ETAS doesn't come into it yet at only 2.5o, so what do you do with a CR3? Roll it out the door?

Having read the included supplement and the Jepp CR3 manual, unless I'm wrong, am I hitting the limitation of the CR3 wheel when it comes to wind vectors or is there another trick?

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds