Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Final 35kt crosswind PNR question, HELP!

• MaxPettit
  • Topic Author

MaxPettit created the topic: Final 35kt crosswind PNR question, HELP!

Hi All

I just missed out on passing my CFPA exam and would have passed if i got the final 4 point Question correct.
Apparently a similar question will be in the exam when i resit.
It is a PNR question with a 35kt crosswind, I have an EB6 computer if that helps.
I have no problems with normal PNR questions but this is throwing me off, can anybody help or give me a way to solve it?

Cheers!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shreyasrawat

shreyasrawat replied the topic: Final 35kt crosswind PNR question, HELP!

I believe I also got that question wrong so I have to resist the exam too. I now realise and remember they provide a lot more info in the particular question than what’s actually required to answer it. For example they gave the distance from point A to B which is pointless in the PNR question but in the heat of the moment I thought I had to use it and that’s where they got me. Other than that the calculation should be the exact same as every other PNR we have studied. The other thing is to use the whizz wheel to get the HW and Crosswind component. I had to get the ETAS but I’m wondering if finding this ended up giving me the incorrect answer. Mine was also 35knot crosswind.

Can anyone else shed some light?

• Weltsy

Weltsy replied the topic: Final 35kt crosswind PNR question, HELP!

Wondering if you both ended up figuring it out? Is it etas anything over 10degrees and using it for GShome as well as the 2xTAS?

• MaxPettit
  • Topic Author

MaxPettit replied the topic: Final 35kt crosswind PNR question, HELP!

Yes anything over 10 degrees drift should be Etas and then you would just add/subtract the head/tailwind from Ur Etas to get Ur GS Home to put in the formula.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds