Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Performance Online Course - Takeoff chart type 1 example 1

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard created the topic: Performance Online Course - Takeoff chart type 1 example 1

Hi all,

I'm completing the online performance course and have come to Example 1 of the Takeoff chart type 1. I'm following along with the demonstration on screen and where my line meets the level slope line is different to the where the line on screen meets the level slope line. Therefore the answer I'm getting is different to the answer in the example.

Does this have something to do with the way the charts have come out on paper?

Lucas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Performance Online Course - Takeoff chart type 1 example 1

G'day Lucas

Are you using the The Day VFR workbook or the Performance Supplement?

The Chart to use is page 2 in the workbook or page 6 in the supplement I can't see any problem with those charts

Cheers

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard replied the topic: Performance Online Course - Takeoff chart type 1 example 1

Hi Stuart,

I'm definitely using the Take-off chart type 1 from the Performance supplement. Watching the animation for example 1, the vertical line upwards from shade temperature to TODA is not parallel which is causing the remainder of the lines to be inaccurate giving an answer of 1040kg where the answer should be around 1060kg.

Lucas.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Performance Online Course - Takeoff chart type 1 example 1

I'm sorry I don't see that in the chart

Attachments:

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard replied the topic: Performance Online Course - Takeoff chart type 1 example 1

Hi Stuart,

I'm referring to the presentation itself. If you watch the presentation in Example 1, the red line that is drawn upwards from the shade temperature box to the take off distance available boxis not parallel. So the answer Richard gets in the presentation is different to the answer I obtain.

Hope this clarifies things.

Cheers.

Lucas.

• Stuart Tait

G'day Lucas

I see what you mean, and I agree with you that the answer could be around 1060, but as the presentation is meant to display the process of getting that figure, absolute accuracy was not deemed necessary and the software used to draw the lines is a bit out, but was considered OK for demonstration. I glad you seem to have a good understanding of the process to pick that out, as your the first person to make a comment about that chart.

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

Ok no worries Stuart. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

Lucas.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds