Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL performance final test

• Baleilevuka
  • Topic Author

Baleilevuka created the topic: CPL performance final test

Ok so the answer to this question is 180 kg. On the envelope it's definitely over 100 kg when you plot the points. But when you add 180 to the loading sheet the cog is outside the fwd limit so wouldn't the answer be 100kg instead? I'm using the 2015 textbook. Thanks in advance guys
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CPL performance final test

Can you send us a copy of your working?

• Baleilevuka
  • Topic Author

Baleilevuka replied the topic: CPL performance final test

This is my working so I checked all on my load sheet. I plotted the points on the envelope first. And just for precaution I checked on my load sheet if 180 was in the forward limit but it wasnt. Please check if I'm doing something wrong.
Attachments:

• Baleilevuka
  • Topic Author

Baleilevuka replied the topic: CPL performance final test

When I put in 170 its in the forward limit. So I'm thinking you guys just rounded it off or something. I chose 100 because it's the maximum of the numbers that's inside the forward limit

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CPL performance final test

If you use 180kg and calculate the actual CofG position, then calculate the forward limit at that new weight, you will be 2mm outside the forward limit. However, if you plot the two points on the graph and join them, the line crosses the forward limit at a very shallow angle. That makes it impossible to achieve the degree of accuracy.

CASA have to accept an answer using the graph since it is an approved method. However, you are correct in saying that 180kg puts you just outside the forward limit. I have changed answer (a) to 150kg.

Thanks for your feed back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baleilevuka

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds