Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

An Error in CFPA Exam 4

• Mido
  • Topic Author

Mido created the topic: An Error in CFPA Exam 4

Hi Bob,

Could you please check the CFPA Prep Exam 4 Question 26.
Given Empty Weight 1016 kg
Row1 160 kg
Row2 110 kg
Baggage: 95 kg
Which makes ZFW=1381 kg ( in the answer you use 1380kg)
That make my choice wrong, because my calculation was 252kg, so I picked the small number 223 kg.
but your answer is 253kg.
Just to confirm it's an error not my missing anything in it.

Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: An Error in CFPA Exam 4

I think you'll find that the question was worded "is closest to". That wording indicates that the examiner wants you to choose the answer that's closest to your calculations. The examiner does not expect you to round down to the next lowest answer for the sake of one kg. Recent Performance exams are offering a computer text field for you to enter your answer, rather than the multi-choice format. In that case the computer applies a full mark tolerance either side of the 'exact' answer.

• Mido
  • Topic Author

Mido replied the topic: An Error in CFPA Exam 4

But 252kg is the maximum fuel written in the form, you did explain that 252kg is convent from 0.71 but now use 0.72 so the maximum could be 253kg. (Which they should update the form )But still, while in middle of the real exam, if the maximum number written in the workbook is 252kg, it's no reason to choose an answer exceed the maximum, so make the answer down to the next smaller and closer one. I was just not sure it's a tricky question or not.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds