Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPl Performance Exam 14th June 2017

• jwgannon
  • Topic Author

jwgannon created the topic: CPl Performance Exam 14th June 2017

some exam feedback on the performance exam ( which i passed) whilst it's fresh in my mind.

I got questions on loading systems alpha bravo and Charlie as well as the linear chart systems - this seems common.

Definitions about density height as well as calculation of forward limit and mean aerodynamic cord using the relevant formulas

Lots of questions on fuel planning finding flight fuel as you might expect

Two questions finding the point of no return and Equi time point

No questions on the beetle diagram or calculate Max cargo or what fuel to Add etc

Questions as expected around weight and end moment all to do with C of G adding ballast fuel hard ballast etc

A warning I found exams three and four practising exams extremely long and I struggled to fit them in the 2.5 hours but found the real exam okay but had to keep a close watch on the time and keep moving

Most of the one point definition type questions were at the start there was probably 12 or 14 of these and I got the one about the runway surface analysis at Sunrise Dam which is mentioned by someone in the forum below - i managed to grab a few minutes at the end and using the decipher section in ERSA worked it out O but be ready for this one - Asphalt/flexible/high grade sub compound etc

A seemingly misplaced question about the affect on an aircraft of changing the stall speed looked like a question that should've been in aerodynamics not performance

Three questions at least around calculating using the landing chart and take off the chart either the next takeoff rate landing distance required or takeoff weight

Hope this helps

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds