Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

performance flight plan

• florenceega@gmail.com
  • Topic Author

florenceega@gmail.com created the topic: performance flight plan

Hi Bob,
I know that fixed reserve and variable reserve are required when doing a flight plan. My question is....is it legal to have both in a flight plan? If so...then where can we refer to for prove?
If anyone can help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: performance flight plan

Hi Florence,

The information on fuel requirements are outlined in CAAP 234. This is an advisory publication which describes a legally defensible way to ensure you have enough fuel in the tanks. Essentially, you need a fixed reserve of 45 minutes in all flights. In commercial ops, you ALSO need a variable reserve of 15% of the flight fuel. Strictly speaking it is not a legal requirement to follow the recommendations of CAAP 234, but you would be in serious trouble if you had a fuel related incident or were pulled up on a ramp check without having the fuel reserves described in the CAAP in your fuel plan.

The CAAP 234-1 can be found here: www.casa.gov.au/rules-and-regulations/st...dvisory-publications

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds